STOP THINK CHECK
BE CAUTIOUS DON’T TRUST ANYONE ONLINE....you have never met, ...who professes love quickly, ...asking for money, ...who wants to connect offline
HOW CAN SCAMMERS GET MY INFORMATION?
• Physical theft (e.g. credit cards/ passports/ mail/ trash)
• Social engineering (e.g. phishing, false friendships)
• Over sharing of personal information (face to face / people you trust / social media)
• Online shopping (untrusted sites)
WHAT IS PHISHING?
Phishing is a cybercrime in which individuals are contacted by email, telephone or text message by someone posing as a legitimate institution.
MOST COMMON PHISHING SCAMS
• Banking and credit card sign up emails
• You have a delivery we just need your.......
• Winning Sweepstakes/Lottery
• Tax Imposter
• Free goods and services
• Investments and mortgages
• Tech support needs you to do something.....
Password1 is not a good password.
Your date of birth, anniversary, kids birthdays, etc are not good pin numbers